5 ways how dogs are poison?


  1. House plant - House plant usually being a decorative piece for many homes. Some popular plants such as Devil's Ivy (Golden Pothos), Giant Dumb Cane (Dieffenbachia), Swiss Cheese Plant, and more. Grant Dumb Cane and Devil's Ivy contain calcium oxalate crystals which causes swelling, burning and painful irritation when coming into physical contact. Swiss Cheese Plant causes irritation, drooling, vomiting, and swelling of the oral area when consume. Other Common plants are Aloe Vera, Lucky Bamboo, Chinese Evergreen, Lilies, Chrysanthemum and Snake Plant.

  2. Food - Always remember to eat snacks or food carefully around your furry friends. Some common food poisoning in dogs, Avocado, Grapes & raisins and Macadamia nuts, Chocolate. Most of the above mention items are known to general public. Avocado contains persin which cause vomiting and diarrhea when consume by dogs. Grapes & raisins may induce kidney failure. Macadamia nuts consumption will cause tremors and fever in dogs. Methylxathines in chocolate cause intense pain and vomiting and lead to death when consume by dogs.

  3. Medication - Accidental consumption of medication is rather common. Pain Killer like paracetamol (Panadol), disrupt the production of prostaglandin in dogs which causes dogs to develop vomiting, diarrhoea, bleeding disorders, and even organ failure (Kidney and Liver). Similar other medication commonly found at home, Anti-inflammatory arthritis (Aleve, Naprosyn, Anaprox, Naprelan), Aspirins (Tylenol), Antidepressants, Birth control pills.

  4. Household Chemical - Cleaning agents like detergents, fabric softener, bleach, and ammonia are highly poisonous to your pets too. Hydrogen peroxide in bleach cause vomiting and tissue irritation. Ammonia cause likelihood of asthma and burns mucous membranes in dogs. Another common items is Mothballs which contain naphthalene. Consuming naphthalene can lead to seizures. Sodium chloride in washing agents causes vomiting and diarrhea. We recommend keeping these items in a place away from the pets usual hangout spots.

  5. Batteries - Commonly found in many products at home have batteries in them. Long batteries contain potassium hydroxide or sodium hydroxide when ingested causes liquefaction necrosis and deep penetrating ulcers. Lithium button type batteries are the most potent as it may cause major necrosis to the esophagus within 30 to 45 mins contact. In rare cases, heavy metal toxicity can occur if the battery remains in the GIT for more than 2-3 days.

We hope to educate the right knowledge of pet care to everyone. Stay safe at home with your furry pals.



OUR SERVICES

Cat & Feline Grooming

Nanobubble Sea-Salt Spa

Ayurveda Green Tea Spa

©2019 by Pawsitive Image. All rights reserved.

Nail Caps

ENQUIRIES OR CONCERNS?

We are always happy to assist you. For appointments or service enquiries, you may contact us below:

Enquiry Form: Click Here

Telephone: +65 6635 8436

FIND US

350 Ubi Avenue 1, #01-939 

Singapore 400350

Operating Hours:

Tuesday to Sunday

9 AM to 6 PM

Closed on Mondays

WhatsApp: +65 9385 1366

Teeth Cleaning

Pet Transport

Pet Boarding

Click Here for WhatsApp Web

FOLLOW OUR SOCIALS

  • Facebook
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • TikTok

De-Ticking

De-Matting

Undercoat Removal